Labels

Friday

Five Guys Burgers and Fries


I've heard many great things about 5 Guys. Since it is a burger place, and it's menu is limited I got a Little Cheeseburger. I was excited when I noticed that their toppings are all free! They have onions, grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish and bbq sauce.

They have two kinds of fries. Original and Cajun. We tried Cajun since that was a new flavor to us. The first bite seemed a bit dry with too much power and not enough salt. After digging in a bit deeper I really started to enjoy these zippy fries. They were even better as leftovers!!!


My burger had grilled onions, cheese and bbq sauce. The onions had a nice soft texture but they were yellow onions which I don't prefer. I liked the burger. It was juicy, thick and not too greasy. Nothing stood out to me though. It was your average burger.

My brother ordered a hot dog to be different. I'm glad he did. He said it was good. His meal seemed a bit pricey for a hot dog and fires. He paid $9 something. 

My husband got the Bacon Cheese Burger with practically all the toppings. He liked it but said "Smashburger is still my favorite". I think that was my opinion too. 

Mark did say that he liked 5 Guys fries more than he liked Smashburger's. I'm torn. I like that both places have unique flavors. Smash has their Smash Fries which to me, taste just like Sour Cream and Onion Chips. Five Guys has the Cajun, which have an awesome kick to them. Well, their fries are also fresh tasting and cooked to perfection. Maybe 5 Guys wins on the fries...






Five Guys Famous Burgers & Fries (Aurora) on Urbanspoon 
Five Guys on Urbanspoon